Thursday 1 March 2018

The Disappearing Watch


Here is another short story from me. Hope you like it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Viola!” mum called from the hall. “It’s time for school!”

“I’m coming! I just can’t seem to find my favourite blue watch anywhere!’’

“Hurry up! Your bus is already here!’’

“But I need my watch!’’ I yelled. “It’s my favourite one!’’

I frantically searched my room for my watch, but I couldn’t find it. Mum rushed into my room. 

“Viola!’’ she said. “Your bus has left! You’re going to get detention again just because you were looking for that silly watch!’’

I packed my bag and went downstairs miserably; that was my favourite watch! I couldn’t believe that I had lost it!

I went outside. I unlocked my cycle and took it out of the yard. I slowly cycled to school.
When I reached school, the playground was empty. I wondered what the time was. Out of habit, I looked down at my wrist, forgetting that my watch was lost. But there it was, gleaming brightly in the sunlight!

My watch had been on my wrist all along.

1 comment:

  1. i've looked for my phone while talking on it - so this is funny and credible :) nicely done Netra!
    Bhavna

    ReplyDelete

Game, Set, Match: Saudi's Sportswashing Success

Image source The deserts of Saudi Arabia have come alive with sports. From its purchase of the Newcastle United football club, to the lau...